Fit For A Bride
You’re getting married! It’s an exciting time filled with planning and food and fun and parties. You are probably wondering how does a soon-to-be bride get EVERYTHING done and still have time to get wedding-dress-ready, too?
For me, I knew I wasn’t going to walk down that aisle without putting as much effort as I could into feeling the very best on my wedding day. I had about 35 lbs to lose (to reach my ultimate goal) and 4 months to do it! Plus, I was working full-time at one job and part-time at another! So, how did I lose 27 lbs for my wedding and end up in the best shape of my entire life?
Let’s get into it!
The most important thing, and I cannot stress this enough, is you have to love yourself where you are RIGHT THIS SECOND. If you don’t, all your efforts will come from a place of scarcity, fear, and lack.
You want to feel AMAZING on your wedding day! Not scared to take a sip of wine, a bite of food, or take off your FitBit The only way you can begin this process is to tell yourself how amazing you are RIGHT NOW. The fact that you are putting yourself in the priority seat with your health, nutrition and fitness means you are truly a total rock star!!
No matter what happens, even if you don’t reach your ultimate goal, (For the record, I didn’t. I only lost 27 of my 35 lbs, but I felt incredible on my wedding day and SO CAN YOU!) The effort and work will not be in vain. It is about making healthy choices and that truly helps in the long run!
Here are my TOP 5 TIPS for your BEST BRIDAL BODY:
1. FOOD/NUTRITION Maybe you’ve heard the phrase, “you can’t out-work a bad diet”. It’s true! No matter how many squats, sprints, and sun salutations you do, if your nutrition isn’t on point you’re going to have a much harder time seeing the weight drop.
While there is truth to “less calories in and more effort out” you must strike the right balance in your body. If you have any chronic conditions or any health issues I always recommend consulting with your doctor, first. Yet for many folks it’s a matter of tweaking your current foods to find the right portions (portion control is huge!) to meet your needs yet still lose the lbs.
There are some great options for nutrition – way too many to list! However– I’m happy to connect online for a free consultation– email me at: email@example.com and let me know you heard about me through WEDDINGS & EVENTS BY RAINA.
2. WATER This one is much more straight-forward. If you want to see a dramatic drop in your dress size, cut out all other drinks and ONLY have water. How much water? ½ your body weight in ounces (unless it’s super hot or you’re working out intensely then add more.) Can’t stomach the taste of regular water? You can infuse your water with cucumbers, strawberries, limes, lemons, oranges, etc. as long as you are using the actual veggies or fruit. No artificial sweeteners, syrups, or added sugars – that defeats the purpose and will pack on the calories and pounds.
3. FITNESS I would recommend you speak with a consultant or a coach, such as myself. You want to find something that you will stick with. If you hate your workouts every day you absolutely will not do them. However, if you think just jumping on the elliptical while you read a magazine is going to help you sculpt your body the way you want it, it’s probably not doing much to effect a solid change.
Sometimes just having someone listen to your interests and struggles can help you find the time/money/joy solution you need. (Remember for me I was working 2 jobs and planning the wedding. My plate was full.) You can do this if you have someone who really listens to your needs and goals and helps you put a plan into action. I am more than happy to consult and motivate you!!
4. SLEEP Who can sleep when you’re excited, busy, stressed, and impatient for the big day? One of the best ways to sabotage your amazing efforts is to cut down on your Zzz’s. The term “beauty sleep” isn’t just a cliché phrase– it really does help your efforts! It also helps keep your mood regulated and your mind clear. I highly recommend getting a MINIMUM of 6.5 hours of sleep each night and even MORE if you can manage it. There’s also evidence that going to bed at the same time each night and getting up at the same time each morning helps to regulate your system. You will feel less stressed and more accomplished. Sleep is your friend, yet’s one of the first things to go when we “need more time.” Try to avoid this. You’ll feel (and be) so much healthier for it!
5. SUPPORT This is the most overlooked, yet most important piece of the puzzle. We all know brides who dropped a ton of weight for their wedding and then, BOOM! It all came as soon as they are married. We also all know brides who struggle to reach their goals, but her circle of friends or family do nothing to help her get there. Support can truly be a make it or break it part of the equation. Without it, your time, money, and effort can be wasted.
How do you find support when your family or friends or even your soon-to-be-spouse aren’t giving you the type of support you need? You work with a coach, such as myself, who will make sure you are connected with others on the same path, with the same goals, and pouring the type of positive influence you need to stay the course and rock your goals. This was the primary reason I became a fitness coach! Sure, I hit my goals before my wedding. I even maintained them for about 3 months after. But, then I started to slip. I knew without some kind of accountability I was going to return right back to that girl in the BEFORE pics. After all, it had happened countless times!
So how did I change my future so I wouldn’t fall back to my old habits? I got myself a coach who taught me about accountability and motivation. She connected me with a whole group of people who were like me. Because of that experience I joined and learned to become a coach as well. Now I help others reach their goals. (And I will let you in on a little secret...being a coach is how I continue to maintain my own goals and stay on track, so we can help each other!) I want to leave you with some options (and a freebie!) so you know you are never alone on this journey.
If you’d like to connect with me one-on-one – please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org (mention RAINA in the subject line so I know how you found me) ? If you’d like to follow me for positivity and fitness tips and tricks find me on Instagram or Facebook. And for some extra love CLICK HERE and you’ll get a FREE ARM WORKOUT to help you sculpt and shape your arms for the big day.
No matter what happens – if it rains, if your best friend gets lost and never makes it, if you rip your dress (this happened to me), or if it all goes off without a hitch because you hired Weddings & Events by Raina to plan a seamless event for you, just remember, you are GETTING MARRIED! It will be a memorable day for you and your spouse no matter what! Love yourself today and every day. That, my friends, is the most healthy step you can take right now!